- Bad actors spread disinformation
- Echo chambers reinforce entrenched opinions and dissent is lost admists the noise
- Hostile communication encouters no friction and discourse turns toxic.
- Our social networks can be censored by corporations and authoritarians.
- The attention economy, where a user's worth is measured in time exposed to ads.
- Platforms use psychological exploits to form habits in users and maximize time-on-site.
- Centralized networks compile valuable private data and rigidly control the user experience to ensure that they capture attention.
- A decentralized social network on the Ethereum blockchain where private data isn't collected and sold
- Intention economy, where users particiapte deliverately.
- Tipping and bounty systems that reward good faith users.
- Smart contracts that introduce economic friction to inhibit bad actors.
- Better tools for users seeking trust.